Thursday, May 2, 2013

Our Little Boy :)

William is officially 20 months old! WOW, the time has gone so fast.  He is a little bundle of energy, always keeping us on our toes.  He is communicating and saying SO many words and is starting to put some phrases together.  His favorite things are cars, Buzz (from Toy Story) and running! 

Funny story from today... William and I were headed out to run some errands. We always take awhile to go anywhere because Will enjoys picking up sticks, exploring and running around, which is fine by me. Along the sidewalk he stopped to pick up a stick and found beside it a little “rolly poly bug”.  I pointed to it and told him it was a “BUG”, being in his stage he mimics everything and clearly pronounced “buk”.  After a minute or two of intently watching the bug crawling around, he decided to be brave and touch it. The bug immediately rolled up and stopped moving, which he found hilarious! I wish I knew what was going through his little head. He then decided to pick it up, and before I could react, he tossed it into his mouth!!! It surprised me and I reacted by saying, “NO!!!, don’t eat the bug, Will” and tried to get him to open his mouth. He, being who he is, turned around and ran away with the bug in his mouth! Luckily after about 10 more seconds I see him spit the bug out and be on his way :) This little guy is hilarious, I was cracking up. I just don’t understand what makes a little boy think eating a bug would be fun?!

This is him after waking up from a really good nap! Check out that hair! It was priceless : )


Tasting the keys... luckily he has grown out of that phase of putting things in his mouth. 


St. Patrick's day annual green waffles and milk!


He LOVES helping with the laundry, usually not very helpful.....


His favorite activity is to climb on our couch and throw all the pillows onto the ground.


Trying on Daddy's shoes.


A few of his favorite foods include: apples, grapes, bananas and oranges.


It's already super hot here (90's). We bought a little pool and set it up on our patio, hopefully it will help make the summer cooler and we can enjoy hours of play.


PetCo is just around the corner, I think we might visit more often, Will had so much fun looking at all the fishes and birds.


I put new batteries into his remote control airplane, you would think it was Christmas/Birthday time all over again!


Clovis had its annual rodeo/parade, we had fun watching for firetrucks and horses, Buzz even showed up! But it was soooooo hot and we left early. Good thing too, Dale got sunburned. It's only April you say? We know, we're going to melt this summer :(



Had dinner with some friends. Next thing we know, Will is inside the dog carrier... what a character!


Fudge is SO yummy! 




3 comments:

Jessica said...

I cracked up at the image in my mind of him eating a bug! He is such a cutie. :) I can't wait to see him (and you guys ;)) in just a few weeks!

mom/Janet said...

Interesting that you said "luckily he has outgrown putting everything in his mouth". What about the bug? He is hilarious. His lack of fear scares me sometimes. I definitely think he enjoys life..

Emalei Ambrosio said...

A lot of what he does reminds me of Matteo! :) It would be so cute to see them together now!