Tuesday, August 2, 2022

2nd half of summer

We have the missionaries over for dinner/lessons a lot, kids really enjoy it. 

Dessert nights at our house on Sunday evenings are a lot of fun, we always include the missionaries and a few other families in the ward. 

This is our 2nd year of having season tickets to The Orpheum. We have seen some great Broadway Shows and are excited for the upcoming season. This night was To Kill a Mockingbird which was fantastic. We also went out to eat and then strolled down Beale street to get some cookies! 
 

Our friends rental car while his gets fixed. He let us take it out for a drive!! The kids also went for a drive and thought it was the COOLEST! 

 


Human hungry hungry hippos for combine ym/yw! Youth loved this activity! 

Dale and I surprised Will with tickets to the Dude Perfect tour!!! It was such a fun night!! We drove to Little Rock, had a delicious dinner and had a blast watching!! Will was in HEAVEN :)

 



 

Summer Swim Championships!
Also, lots of swimming with friends this summer!

Night at the park with friends

Each airplane at FedEx is named after a child of a fedex employee. Dale just happened to arrive to work to find out he was to be flying ADDISON!!! He has since flown her a few times and always takes a picture. You can follow "your" named airplane as it flies around the world and we even have an official certificate for Addison from FedEx, now to get William and Jameson some named airplanes!! 

 

We ended up buying a snow cone machine and making our own syrup for the summer.... We eat a lot of snow cones and it is crazy how expensive they are. It's been such a fun thing to do everyday when its hot! 
 



Addison made friends with this butterfly at the park and it wouldn't leave her alone for about 15 min!!! 

Memphis, Tennessee Temple

Playing at a friends house in the woods! 


A fun day with friends before they move to D.C. :(

Dale and I received these boxes of dishes from his Aunt Beth as a gift for our wedding 13 years ago!!!!! They have been boxed up ever since. I finally asked Janet to come over and help me unbox, clean and put them in my china hutch!!! It was so fun to see the dishes that were Dale's Grandma Pauline Smith and hear a few memories and stories from Janet. 



 

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Dessert night sounds like fun! How neat that you have season tickets to see some Broadway shows! Looks like a fun night! That rental car is great! I love the idea of human hungry, hungry hippos! I just got released from YW though after almost 3 1/2 years, but I'm back in Activity Days! Love the Addison plane and that you have an official certificate! I have NEVER seen so many bubbles in a tub! Haha! I like that you said Addison made "friends" with a butterfly. So cute! How neat that you have those dishes and I love that you had Janet come over and help you. So sweet of her!