For all of you who didn't know, Dale did his first Sprint triathlon on August 14 in Park City!!!! He has been training and getting ready for this Tri for months!! It finally came and we were SO excited! Dale's parents came down for the event and it was super great to see them, plus Dane & Bridget and Harold & Jeanna came to witness the great event!! All of us had so much fun cheering him on and celebrating his victory......
We woke up SUPER early and we're surprised to find that it was FREEZING outside, (oh, how we wished to still be in St. George!) After getting ready, we headed up to Jordanelle Reservoir, where the swim would take place. This is Dale showing off his new shirt and awesome swim cap before the race starts! So, just a heads up.... about 90% of the athletes had these nice, warm looking wet suits to swim in, I was so afraid Dale would be too cold to swim without one, BUT- he said the water was really nice once he got in... so glad!

 |
Getting ready.....
|
 |
And they're OFF!!!!!
|
 |
So... this was news to me (unfortunately). I knew Dale had been on swim teams growing up, but I had never seen him actually swim before. He impressed me by being an amazingly, powerful swimmer. He did so awesome and came out of the swim in the top 10 of the green caps! AWESOME :)
|
 |
finished with the 1/2 mile swim in 14 min and off to start the 13 mile bike
|
 |
This was the transition area 1 between the swim and bike. He's putting on his helmet and shoes.
|
 |
Then he headed off on his bike, ready to start the sickest climb of his life from Jordanelle, up the mountain to Park City. We watched him leave, jumped on the shuttle and headed back to transition 2 (bike to run).
|
 |
Back at transition 2 we only waited maybe 10-15 min before Dale showed up his bike impressing all of us with his awesome time of 45 min. This is him starting his 3 mile run....
|
 |
And finishing it.....
|
 |
So tired from his tri
|
 |
So, this is where I get to be the wife and tell you how proud of Dale I was!! Kind of silly, but I couldn't have been a happier wife- every time I saw him I got all choked up and had to hold back a few tears of pride! He did so awesome and had trained so hard to finish this tri. What an awesome Husby I have :)
|
 |
The family showing our support. We can't wait until he does another one.... it was that fun for us!
|
 |
And the best part is..... He finished 2nd in his age category, 25-29 yrs of age! How cool is that!!!
|
 |
With his trophy and medal!!!! Such a great day!
|
 |
And.... This is where I found him a few hours later.... absolutely exhausted!
|
6 comments:
Great post....cute, proud wife. I wish you could have taken a picture of your smile and how excited you were. I like the last picture of him napping. He was one tired boy. So glad we could share it with you.
I am so sad I wasn't there!!!! Maybe next year I'll do it with him. :) I was so choked up just reading it. Love you Dale!!
Picture #1 could be titled "Before," with the final picutre titled "After." I don't think you could have layed it out better! Hats off to Dale for his efforts and to all his supporters, especially Leisa!
Way to go Dale!!!! I'm so impressed! You're a stud!
Way to go Dale! You are Gary's role model! We miss you guys!
that's incredible! GO DALE!
Post a Comment