Thursday, December 30, 2010

DISNEYLAND!

The week before Christmas, Dale and I took a trip to LA to visit Dale's best friend and his family, let Leisa take a test, and to visit Disneyland to celebrate our 1 year anniversary!!!! It was a wonderful trip and we had the best time.

This is us on the tram heading into the Disney park, I was super excited since I hadn't been to Disneyland since I was 10..... We were there right when it opened and stayed until we were too tired to think. We kept busy and had fun all day on less than 5 hours of sleep (we stayed up too late with good friends the night before!) and it was well worth it!

Our first ride of the day- Indiana Jones
The park was basically empty for the first 2 hours, we LOVED running from ride to ride with no lines!

A stop off at Pirates of the Caribbean, Dale has his pirate hook up, if you look closely!!!
( Dale surprised me later that night with reservations at the Blue Bayou restaurant, it was a perfectly romantic dinner to celebrate our 1 year anniversary! )

The castle and park was decorated beautifully for the Christmas season, it made the day that much more magical! That evening we watched a spectacular firework show while fake snow fell, it was so much fun!


I remember being bored on it's a small world on my previous visit to Disneyland, Dale convinced me we HAD to ride it, and I am so glad he did- it was awesome and decorated so great!

We stopped a Disney policeman to take a picture of us in front of the gigantic tree. Although you can't see the tree hardly at all, it's still a fun picture!

We had park hopper tickets and were able to visit California adventure.... so much FUN!!!

Dale with background of California, plus those people in the distance are the one and only....High School Musical cast members who had just performed on the Stage overlooking the water. He he

We took many pictures of Dale in front of anything that had to do with planes! California Adventure had a few rides and restaurants related to airplanes!


Eating the famous Mickey cookie, we also had a yummy Mickey head ice-cream!

Too bad we're not in the picture together! But still fun!

Riding Splash Mountain.... and yes I am enjoying the ride throughly, while Dale looks a little nervous! And Yes, we were soaked!

A great picture in front of the Castle all lit up with Christmas Lights.

On our way home to Utah, Dale again surprised me with tickets to see the Phantom of the Opera in Vegas. I have never seen such an incredible show, it was spectacular!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

All your pics make me want to go again! When we were there last the parks were decorated for Halloween, which was really fun to see. We also tried to get reservations at Blue Bayou when we were there last, but there wasn't any openings so I'm glad you got to go! What a fun trip. :)

Melissa DeLeon said...

I am INSANELY jealous of the lack-of-lines that you had! I went to Disneyland last year for my b-day (12/26) becausethey had a promotion that you got a free ticket if you celebrated with them, and the lines were the LONGEST EVER! But I totally agree that Disney at Christmas is super-magical. I also love how each area is decorated appropriately... like New Orleans, which has a MardiGras flair to the color scheme, and Toon Town, which has wacky and oversized ornaments.
Glad you had fun!