Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Let it snow!

We've been dealing with a real humdinger here in Provo since about Monday early morning. When we woke up yesterday morning it was snowing and there was just a trace amount accumulated but it didn't stop. It snowed all day yesterday and apparently through the night. When we woke up this morning it was still snowing and it looks to be about a foot to a foot and a half outside right now...and it is still snowing.

I feel like I have to reference my Aunt Beth, who lives in Syracuse, NY. Earlier this snow season they received close to 5 feet of snow in just a few short days. As it is, this is plenty of snow for us here in Provo. I shot some videos for your enjoyment.



6 comments:

mom/Janet said...

Is it reminding you yet of being trapped in Spokane a couple of years ago? Stay safe.

Jessica said...

We're even more buried out here. See you on Christmas...I hope!

Scott said...

A foot and a half? Don't be a pansy, Dale. I could eat a foot and a half of snow for breakfast. Looks like you guys got too used to the warm weather down in St. George.

Abbie said...

Dude, I left a comment earlier today before I even called to talk with you. Boo. I can't remember what I said, something about snow around Christmas time being awesome I'm sure. Enjoy it while it lasts. There's nothing prettier than a fresh, white landscape... then it gets destroyed by the snowplows, the dirt, oil and grime, etc. Sad.

e.m. said...

ok, dale - ya know what's funny, that you RECORDED this event. not even worthy of just a picture, it needed commentary! hahahaha
i love it. thank goodness for a while christmas!

Aunt Beth said...

Huge snowfalls are even more fun when you don't have to get out in them! 12-18" isn't anything to sneeze at so hope you enjoyed every minute of it.

We still have qutie a bit of our snowfall on the ground but it's way past its prime... They say more tonight into tomorrow and based on the amount we end up with, could result in the snowiest December EVER on record.

You know me, I love all the details so keep them coming.

BTW, Happy Anniversary! I thought of you two on your special day but didn't manage to get fingers to keyboard; too busy getting ready for my own storm, the arrival of the Rufeners. They blew in on the 19th and a fun time was had by all.