Saturday, September 29, 2012

First Birthday Party


We decided that turning 1 is a pretty big deal, it means we have survived as parents and that our little man has survived us : ) So, I started thinking about planning a birthday party. 

The entire party was airplane themed (of course) and all came about because I found a lady on Etsy who made these awesome birthday invitations. The whole reason I had a birthday party was so that I could send out these adorable invites : ) 



My sister and I created an AWESOME cake, she found this cool cake pan and came out early so that we could decorate and frost! Thanks again : )




Finished Project!



Birthday Boy!

We had the party just up the road from our house at the Church pavilion, it was beautiful weather and we had so many friends and family who came to support. It was so much fun. 




little airplane party favors for all the kids, big and small. 



the landing strip, practicing your airplane landings 



I made a banner using Will's monthly pictures, turned out so cute!



Family picture, trying not to let Will attack the cake!



He was slightly confused why everyone was gathered around him and singing.... but once he tried that cake there was no turning back





So many fun gifts



Will enjoying his Airplane from Grandpa and Grandma.... he loves this : )



3 comments:

mom/Janet said...

Looks like so much fun. Good job mom

Jessica said...

Such a fun day! The cake turned out great and it was fun doing it together. :)

Julie said...

What a GREAT party! The cake is especially fabulous.