Pinnacles National Park is the newest national park. It has been a Nat. monument for awhile but only became a Nat. Park last year! Since it is only 2 1/2 hrs away from where we live we decided to give it a shot.
The road to get there is incredibly curvy and I became VERY carsick.... I never actually became sick sick, but I made Dale pull over a few times. As we were pulling into the visitor center parking lot, I thought to myself "Yay! We made it w/o anyone getting sick" I then had about 2 seconds to grab a bag and catch Will's barf.... I was successful the first time, but the 2nd time he went for it, he pushed my bag away and ended up with barf everywhere.... What a curse Will and I have.... or rather, Dale for putting up with it. So, while I cleaned up the car and carseat, Dale cleaned up Will. Then.... we began our day.
We went on just a small hike due to it being SOOO hot. We chose the cave hike and thankfully it was cool and wonderful inside!
A proud moment for a mama who used to rock climb a lot! : )
It was kind of a slot-canyon/cave. But it was beautiful and fun. We did have to use flashlights in a couple areas and Will was semi nervous, semi excited.
Quite a bit of stairs.
And very narrow places where my tall husband had to crawl in order to get through!
The end of the hike was a small reservoir that we weren't allowed to get in, for good reasons, we saw a water snake and it wasn't clean at all. But, it was hot enough that you just wanted to forget all of it and make a big splash.
We decided to take a different way back home thankfully, I didn't think I could make it back along the same road. However, that presented a whole separate batch of troubles. We literally almost ran out of gas, we were in the middle of nowhere and started praying hard that a miracle would occur.... sure enough, we rounded a bend and thank the heavens there just happened to be a chevron. It was the best site ever!!!
All in all, it was eventful and a fun day. Don't think we'll EVER go back, it wasn't that cool, but glad we went.
2 comments:
Oh WOW! What a story! Too bad about the barf but the adventure sounded fun. You guys really seem to do a lot of fun things. I am so glad you have fun as a family! We love you all!
I never knew about your rock climbing days! How strange! I get car sick so I totally understand. I've literally had to have Andrew pull over just from Price to Duchesne and throw up! I think it's so great that you're making the most of your national park pass. :)
Post a Comment