It finally happened. I took Will to the dentist for his first cleaning and 'official' checkup. I got a lecture from his pediatrician that I hadn't taken him especially since I am a hygienist...... :) I figured he was fine since I do my own exams at home.
We prepared by talking a lot, reading some books and looking at different hygiene tools. We talked the entire drive up what I expected of him, (I was nervous he would be one of "those kids" aka, a hygienists worst fear!), but I shouldn't have worried so much- he was a PRO!!!
Enjoying the waiting room by watching some fish and reading some books.
I took him to my friend and figured if he wouldn't let her I would jump in. He was so darn cute through the entire process!
He even let us take x-rays and they were perfect!
I loved his hands.... you could tell he was in some sort of panic/shock, not quite sure what was going on.
No cavities!!!
So....I became one of 'those moms' and totally bought him a toy for being so great! I was such a proud Mama! What a guy!










3 comments:
How funny that you were so worried and then he did awesome! I'm a proud aunt too!
We took Matteo in last week too! We took him in over a year ago but all they did was look in his mouth. He was also awesome this time with the cleaning and exam and I was super proud! We have the sweetest boys.
So.....He ended up being one of "those kids" that are so little and act way better than the older kids!!! Way to go William!!!
Post a Comment