I love living close to D.C. because there is so much to see and do. We went to Arlington National Cemetery to lay wreaths on each grave as a service opportunity. I knew it would be cold so I figured we would lay as many wreaths as we could and only stay for 1 hour. We estimated so wrong and ended up only being able to find ONE grave that was empty to lay our wreath. It was so packed with people out to help. It was incredible. It was still worth it and we all really enjoyed the experience. The smell of wreaths just permeated the air and I got choked up so many times. So neat.
We then headed over to the National Botanical Gardens to see the train display. This year they were celebrating the Nat. parks service 100th anniversary. Everything was made organically and it was incredible! We absolutely loved it!
Teapot Dome which is a landmark in Washington State right where Dale grew up. We thought it was funny they chose that from Washington.
Can you spy Will?!
National Christmas tree
We then went over to the D.C. Temple. It was spectacular!!
The lighting was beautiful that evening and it was pretty warm.
Such a wonderful day spent in D.C. with my family!
2 comments:
What a cool day! The wreath-laying experience sounds amazing! How fun to see the National Christmas tree and your pictures of the temple are gorgeous.
Your pictures are amazing! I love your blog. Thank you for posting.
Post a Comment