Friday, September 9, 2022

Washington D.C.

I was able to get away to Washington D.C. for the weekend!!! Dale kept everything together at home and I had the BEST time seeing close friends! I flew into Reagan, rented a car and drove all over D.C. remembering all the best memories from when we lived here! It was so much fun!!! 

 

 

Staying with my good friend from Hygiene school, Cami, who moved here right after we left. So good to catch up with her! We drove and picked up my friend Cynthia and the 3 of us went to dinner. Cynthia just moved to D.C. from Mississippi and although it had only been a few weeks since I had seen her, it was so fun to be together again. We had a blast at dinner and I miss both of them sooo much, so it was so good to catch up. 


The next morning bright and early I met up with Shena at the D.C. Temple. The entire trip was because of this and it was incredible to be at the Temple with Shena while she went through for the first time. The temple closed for renovations when we lived here, so it was really fun to see the changes and be back in this beautiful building. Such a wonderful morning!

 

 


After the Temple, we all went to lunch and then headed to Winchester! I was so excited to be back "home"

I drove ALL over Winchester, taking pictures of everything!!! I absolutely love this city and miss it so much! 


 

Will's old elementary school

Will's preschool

 Our old house!!!!

 

 

Got together for dinner with some of my closest friends, we had such a good time! Went to church Sunday morning and then after saying hi/bye to everyone, headed back to the airport. It was short but so good for me to be back and reconnect! I love Virginia! 


1 comment:

Jessica said...

How fun for you! You can fly in to Vernal any old time and we'll do the same. Haha!