Saturday, January 23, 2010

Avatar

We had heard so much about this movie...yet we had no idea what it was about. Last week I read an article that said after only 5 weeks in the theaters, it was less than $100 million away from breaking Titanic's record for highest grossing movie of all time. On our way back from L.A. last week, we decided enough was enough and that we needed to go and see it.

Just to put things in perspective: this was the first movie Leisa and I have gone to see in the theaters. We aren't people to go to the theater. The last movie I saw in the theater was "My Sister's Keeper" back in July. I can't speak for Leisa, but her last movie in the theater was before the first of September. So off we went today to the matinee...

...and it was awesome!! Definitely not a repeat movie; we'll probably never see it again, but it was amazing!! The 3D was amazing and the story was not bad at all. Touching at times and the action was real good. The love story was real and the villian wasn't scary, but he was believable. I'm not much of a movie critic, so that is about all you're going to get out of me. Overall I would give it a 4.8/5 stars. Where is it lacking the final 0.2? I'm not sure, but nothing is perfect. I recommend this movie to everyone...if for no other reason to get your mitts on some of these awesome shades!



P.S. More to come soon on the fabulous honeymoon trip to Spain!

3 comments:

mom/Janet said...

Glad you enjoyed it. Not sure I'm interested. You know us "chic flics" or bust.

Jeanna said...

Haven't seen it yet either...not sure I will. H and M saw it and both liked it, M more than H.

It's probably a rental for me. :) I'm with your mom....I prefer chick flicks. But, I REALLY enjoyed Sherlock Holmes....not THAT was a good one. Try it!!!

Aunt Beth said...

Your last movie experience sounds better than mine which, BTW, was the same date as yours. It was @ the Hollywood where all movies are just $1.75, which might give you a clue or two right away....

We sat down behind three kids in their mid-late teens, at least two of which had their cell phones going in full gear. Annoying doesn't quite cover it.

Believe it or not, good news came along fairly quickly in the form of a drunk man who sat down next to them and immediately tried to engage them in conversation. They lit out of there like the place was on fire.

Unfortunately, the man stayed and caused periodic problems throughout the movie. I thought I might be the next one to leave when it appeared as though he might be throwing up.

So much for a fun night out at the movies.