Friday, October 22, 2010

TOUR DE ST. GEORGE

Dale and I decided to ride in the St. George bike race back at the beginning of the summer. We invited Dane & Bridget and they invited a few of their friends to join. Plus a few friends from St. George as well. We've been training and looking forward to this for a long time and it finally came! I participated in the 30 mile race and Dale participated in the Century 100 mile race!

We bought a fun bike rack for our car, loaded up and headed to warm, beautiful St. George! Oh how we miss it!

The race started at 8:00 a.m. Such a beautiful day!

The whole gang before the race!

Tour de St George 017.jpg
There were close to 800 participants. We were slightly crammed at first. But within a few miles were spread out nicely.
Copy of Tour de St George 039.jpg
I kept up with the guys for all of 3 miles before they took off :) Of course, they had a few extra miles to go than I did. This is all the guys drafting off each other.
Tour de St George 032.jpg
This is a picture towards the end of the race coming down Snow Canyon, they were pretty dead by this point. But isn't that some beautiful scenery??!!!!
Hooray!!! We all finished the race with no mishaps and great feelings of accomplishment! So proud of all you guys, that is amazing to finish a Century in 6.5 hours!!! Way to Go!

Jack (little man on the left) made the guys awards!!! Super Cute!

4 comments:

mom/Janet said...

I am so glad we were there to see it all and feel of the excitement of competiion. So sorry we didn't get pictures of you when you finished. Great job Leisa. I couldn't see the 4,5 and 6 picture. It's just a little icon. Any ideas why? Great job - - - everyone.

Zane and Cami said...

Whoa-you look legit!!! I'm so impressed. Slash-I couldn't see those pics either...?

Abbie said...

Couldn't see the pics either but congrats you two!! What an amazing race. Sure wish I could have been there to see it. :)

Aunt Beth said...

Is it me Dale, or are you a mere image of your former self?? Congrats to all on such an accomplishment! Keep up the good work.