Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter and Other Things!

Easter weekend found us going out to my parents home for a short but fun trip! We dyed Easter eggs Saturday night with niece, nephew, sis-in-law and mom. It was a lot of fun, and pretty messy, the kids and Dale making most of the mess :) It was Dale's and my niece 1st time dying easter eggs- so it was exciting. Last year at Easter we were going to dye Easter eggs but it ended up never happening, so I promised myself I would introduce Dale this year- He only lasted a couple of eggs, but it was still fun!

Friday night before Easter we spent a couple of hours making yummy Easter sugar cookies and decorating them very nicely....Dale is the best and always is a good sport about doing these things with me! Love it!

Our ward is dissolving and so we had a last ward party which was a ho-down...... I convinced Dale to dress up with me, he is wearing my Dad's cowboy hat and is a very convincing cowboy!!! Yehaa!!!
And...one more piece of exciting and fun news....Dale was accepted into the MBA program!!! I am so proud of him! He will be starting school again this Fall for 2 more years. Plus, he will still be working full time and finishing his flight training....how amazing is he?! It will be a fun, exciting and very tiring time, especially having a new baby around...but we are excited and can't wait!!

4 comments:

mom/Janet said...

From Dale's Dad: TAFW :)
From Dale's Mom: Dale needs to rack his brain because I have pictures of him hunting for Easter eggs. No, we didn't dye eggs but we did hide and hunt. So glad you had a good time. Sounds like it was full of many events. Thanks for sharing.

Jessica and Justin said...

Leisa! You look so stinkin' adorable! I looove your pregnant self!

Melissa DeLeon said...

Congrats on the exciting news, Dale! Two years will fly by like nothing and you will then have a fantastic degree to show for your efforts.
Can't believe you have never dyed eggs before. Seriously... with all the scouts and mutual it seems impossible that such a classic activity was passed over. (Get the pun? Haha)

Marissa said...

I love the picture of Dale frosting the cookies. So awesome. Aaron's the same way. He'll frost with me anytime...probably because he knows he's going to be able to have easy access to sneaking a bunch. So funny! You guys are so cute together. Thanks for coming out the other day. It was great to see both of you.