Thursday, May 26, 2011

U2 Videos

I thought I would just post some/most of the videos from the concert in this post. Enjoy!!


"Sunday Bloody Sunday". I thought it was so neat how they applied the meaning of this song to the current events happening in the Middle East.


"Get on Your Boots"


"Magnificent". They had a quote by Desmond Tutu about living as a group and not as individuals. It was inspiring with the music.


"Mysterious Ways". We got our groove on for this song!! Who doesn't?


"Beautiful Day". I couldn't stay still for this one. I had to jump up and down!! Such a good song!!



"Where the Streets have No Name". This one is dedicated to my dad. This is his favorite U2 song. Again, I couldn't resist the hopping.


"Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me". This is one of my favorite songs by U2. Love it!! So intense!


"With Or Without You". Such a classic!! So beautiful!!


"Moment of Surrender". Bono had the lights brought down and then had everyone get out their cell phones. He told us to think of someone that we miss or that isn't with us anymore. Then you can hear him telling us to "hold on tight. Hold them tight." It was such a cool experience to see all those lights, have a beautiful song playing and then be thinking of something beyond ourselves and outside of the concert.

U2 did a big tribute to Aung San Suu Kyi. If you aren't aware of her, you should check her story out. She was just released from house arrest recently and U2 has been big supporters of her. They played a video tribute from her and then went into their song "One". Again, such a beautiful night and well worth everything to see it!!

3 comments:

Emalei Ambrosio said...

Dude, I'm so jealous after watching those videos that I don't even know if I can be happy for you. I'll try and get over it. :)

Jessica said...

It definitely was an amazing concert for us as well. :)

Marissa said...

That's more like it! A pop-out window! Love it!

You got some great videos of the really good songs. Lucky! I love how the camera bobs up and down on the really exciting songs...because you're jamming. You crack me up. It was the same for us, though. You couldn't hold still.

We're so glad you got to go...now we have a permanant U2 bond.

See you guys soon! We better!

Marissa