Saturday, June 25, 2011

Trip to St. George

A couple of weeks ago, I had the week off work, so Dale decided to take a few days off work and we took a mini vacation down to St. George to relax and have some fun. We wanted to get down to St. George as early as possible..... thus, when we both woke up around 3 a.m. and couldn't fall back asleep, we decided to get up, get ready and hit the road.

Since we hit the road so early, we were able to watch the beautiful sunrise..... this is around Scipio- I believe. Very pretty day.

Since Dale isn't from Utah, I have been wanting to slowly start showing him things that Utah has to offer, that most people don't know about, and that I grew up on..... we made a few stops along the way to St. George and had a lot of fun!!!

We Stopped at Cove Fort and took a tour of the Fort, watched a short film and learned a lot from our Missionary tour guide. Don't know much about Cove Fort? click here to read a little bit, http://www.covefort.info/history.html and next time you pass through Utah, take a short little break on I-15 for a nice little tour!

Our next stop was about 20 miles SE of Cove Fort, Up I-70. We stopped at the Fremont Indian State Park.... It was still closed since it was super early, so we didn't get to explore the museum or anything, but the main reason we went is because I wanted to take Dale on a short little hike to THE CAVE OF 100 HANDS!!!!!
We finally found the cave... thanks to my memory from the childhood of a 5-6 year old!!!! The cave is pretty cool, not as cool as I remembered but still fun to see.... Not sure why they named it The Cave of 100 Hands, since there are only 32 (I suppose it sounds cooler). The hand prints are from prehistoric people, the men, and they are TINY, probably 1/2 the size of Dale's hands!! Crazy how little people were back in the day!

We then headed to St. George and had a blast! I was finally able to meet the famous Aunt Beth, (this is Dale's Aunt). I have been waiting since we were married to meet her..... I finally did and was not disappointed, she is amazing and I instantly loved her as well!
We were able to visit lots of friends from St. George, and mainly.... didn't do a thing! It was wonderful to simply relax and enjoy the nice weather!

3 comments:

Emalei Ambrosio said...

Finally good to hear from you guys again! :) The Cave of 100 hands is SUPER cool! Why didn't I know about this??? I'll have to check it out next time! :)

Bridget said...

What a great drive down to st. george! I didn't realize you stopped at Fremont. I love cave paintings!

Aunt Beth said...

Good trip report Miss Leisa! Your mother-in-law had said I would love you and she was right. We'll have to do this again after little Will arrives.

Thus far my move west has resulted in visits from some of my fave people and more are on their way. I'm feeling pretty lucky.