Friday, August 5, 2011

Nursery!!

So our nursery is FINALLY set up and ready for Baby Smith to be here! We are excited! This is us assembling our nursery furniture.... it went pretty smoothly besides the crib....
This is the changing table and dresser

Simple directions and didn't take us very long, which was nice- plus I think they look nice and they are very sturdy and dependable!

yay! the finished changing table!

All the pieces to the dresser

So, now the story with the crib.... It wasn't terrible to put together, but we were both tired and ready for bed when we finally moved the crib from the living room to the bedroom...... unfortunately- neither of us had thought before hand to see if it would fit through the door... and it didn't! SO--- lucky for us we had to disassemble the crib, (we took the back off) and it STILL wouldn't fit through the door. SO--- then we took the door off of the bedroom and it barely barely fit!!! But, then we had to reassemble the crib and attach the door back to the frame! Lets just say we were done for the night! :)

But I do have to say, it was worth it.... look how cute all our bedding looks with all this airplane stuff!!! I hung up some wall hangings that my fantastic Grandma made, they are amazing and look great! Now... we just have to wait!

Do you think we have enough wipes to last us for awhile??? We found an AWESOME deal on these and have determined each wipe cost us less than 1 penny! haha

5 comments:

Emalei Ambrosio said...

Ha! Funny story. I read the part of the post about the crib to Fabio and he said, "Well, that's still the best night they're going to have compared to all the nights after the baby is born." True statement, Fabio. True statement. Good luck guys! The nursery is super cute! :)

Crowley Family said...

Cute nursery. I love the bedding!

Jessica said...

I love the bedding! I've been on the hunt for all things airplane for you two. You'll have to check out Gymboree... ;)

Aunt Beth said...

Love that crib bedding. And the wipes? Too funny. Hope he's still using them by the time they run out, not that I'm hoping he has the runs....

Hats off for putting all the stuff together. I'm at the point where I'm more likely to buy something if it says "No tools required." And even then it's no snap when doing it by yourself. The last item took me two weeks and it was only a shoe tree-type affair.

Heather Shober said...

Oh my goodness! I love this! Can't believe you will be parents so soon!!