Thursday, September 12, 2013

Quilting

Quilt block #1
So.... my new project is a quilt, motivated by President Hinckley's Be Attitudes!!!! I am so excited! I loved the address made by President Hinckley back in 2000; and my sweet Grandma found this adorable quilt that goes along with the Be Attitudes : )  My Grandma, Mom, myself, my 2 sisters and 1 of my cousins have decided to made a quilt group. We all live in different states, (besides Gma and cousin but they live a couple hours from each other), and so our way of communicating and motivating each other is going to be through each of our blogs or email. 
Each month we will be working on 1 of the quilt blocks and at the end of the month we will post a picture so we can each see how the block turned out! There are 12 blocks, so it's going to take us 1 year, at that time we have high hopes to be able to all get together and complete the blocks into a quilt/wallhanging!
This is actually August's block, I am a little late on posting it, but now am motivated and will be on top of it!

5 comments:

WesLaurie said...

That looks great! Did you hand sew or machine sew around your pieces? I haven't done that yet and yours looks much better than mine.

mom/Janet said...

Wow. This will be fun to. See. It looks so nice.

Jessica said...

Yay! I love it! Thanks for posting about it!

The Lindes said...

wow! that is impressive...and cute!!

Abbie said...

That is so adorable.