Sunday, June 7, 2015

Cunningham Falls- Camping

The week after we went to North Carolina we decided to go camping. Dale still had a few days off of work and my one request is that we try to go camping at least once a year even if it's just overnight. We headed into Maryland to a campsite that is only about 1 hour from our house. It's called Cunningham Falls and it was beautiful. I have a friend who grew up right next to this area and she semi scared me by telling me there is a lot of poison ivy and ticks...... 

.....and she was right. Our campsite turned out to be teeny and surrounded by poison ivy. Not sure about ticks, luckily we didn't encounter any BUT there were a lot of bugs. Huge spider, centipedes etc. Very different than the camping I'm used to out West. William still had fun but we didn't let him explore much due to the foliage and bug scare. 


There is nothing better than being in nature, having a campfire and being dirty.... there is something about it that I just love. 

The reason I chose this camping area is due to what was surrounding it, There seemed to be a few things to do so that we wouldn't be "bored" just sitting at the campsite.  A beautiful lake with a small area that had sand. Will loved it and we just sat in our chairs and watched. It was great. 





The next morning we packed up and went on a short hike up to Cunningham Falls. It was a nice walk through the trees and led to a small but pretty waterfall.



Not the best camping trip I've ever been on, but it was short and sweet and Will had a great time. That's all that counts right?

1 comment:

WesLaurie said...

It sure looks beautiful there! Glad you are having such great experiences and keeping traditions going!