Dale had a long layover in Norfolk a few weeks ago so William and I drove down to meet up with him for the day. We were able to explore and have a bit of fun! It was a long day due to a lot of driving but overall was a good time.
We went and explored the USS Wisconsin battleship. Will was excited to see a big ship! They had a great museum/children's area leading onto the ship that you could have spent all day in.
It was a perfect day outside.... felt wonderful!
After the tour we spent a small amount of time walking around the port. There were a few cruise ships and this awesome "pirate ship".
Dale's captain joined our day excursion so we were able to get a family picture :)
We then decided we needed to check out Virginia Beach. We've heard some good things and some not so good things, but we decided we liked it and want to go back soon! Might be that we are desperate for any beach time, who knows, but we will be back. Will loves the beach. He seriously was rolling around in the sand and it was hard to get him to walk anywhere for more than a couple of steps before he would just dive in and start rolling again. What a funny kid!
2 comments:
You guys have had some awesome adventures! I can't wait to visit again and see you and some of these neat areas.
I cant wait to get out there and see some of these things. I also like your family picture because I can see your pregnant belly a little!
Post a Comment