Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Lexington-Natural Bridge

A few weeks ago we met up with Abbie and Ella in Lexington. They used to live there so it was a flashback of memories for them. We took a small tour through the Lee Chapel (Robert E. Lee). Then walked all around the campus of Washington and Lee. Very pretty buildings that I'm realizing I didn't take any photos of. 




Next stop was about 20 min down the road at FOAMHENGE! I love things like this :) Most people would drive right by because you can't tell anything is there. You park randomly on the side of the road, have to jump a fence and hike back into a field and up a hill. But it was pretty cool. Its a life-size replica except its made from foam. 



We then continued on down to Natural Bridge. We bought our tickets and kind of wasted time before hiking down to the bridge.





George Washington's initials are inside the square. I guess this is one of the oldest tourist destinations in the country. We were trying to figure out how he carved his initials. He must have been a rock climber because the river is a straight shot below.


We took a nice walk back to a waterfall


The main attraction was as soon as it was dark we took a seat by the Natural Bridge and watched a light show. It was really nice. Classical music and lights that told the story of the Creation. It was really fun and I'm so glad we went!

2 comments:

WesLaurie said...

Your family and Heidi's family have done so many amazingly fun activities as families! I Love reading about them all!

Anonymous said...

This is so cool. I love things like these also. The Foamhedge is awesome!