Driving through Germany was spectacular! I wish I could have captured in pictures how amazing it was. It was so green and then there were these fields of yellow flowers everywhere. Every town had a steeple and they were the most darling little towns hidden and tucked away between mountains and hillsides. It was great!
Heidelberg, Germany
This was just the cutest town. A river ran through it and it had the best little German houses lining the hillside. The views from the Castle and mountain were great!
Heidelberg Castle.
This tower was struck by lightening, I believe. It was cool to see that the wall was still intact, just separated from the rest of the tower.
Great views of the city
view from the other side of the river. You can see the big castle up on the hill
We then drove South towards Switzerland and drove through The Black Forest!
As we were driving through a town called Schramberg, Germany we saw up on the mountain, a castle. So we found a road that led to it and decided to go explore! It was the best decision of the entire trip! I felt like we had almost stepped back in time! After some research I found out that it is called Burg Hohenschramberg and was built between the years 1447-1526. It was awesome!
And although there was snow on the ground here, I felt like it was the warmest day of the entire trip. After Jamie pelted LaDon from behind with a huge snowball.... The guys had a little snowball fight :)
Don't worry, He didn't really drink the water!
1 comment:
awesome, awesome, awesome. So pretty!
Post a Comment