Dale was gone for Captain training for 3 weeks and then had 1 week off before going back for another 3 weeks; so we took advantage of his week off and went on a mini vacation!!! We headed up to New York to see the church sites along with a few other places! I have wanted to make this trip happen since we've moved here so I was very excited.
Driving into Palmyra you get to the main street corner with the 4 churches on each corner. It's very interesting to see that for such a small town they had 4 big churches right by each other.
We went to the Book of Mormon publication site first. It was fun to explore and we enjoyed seeing the LONG. complicated and detail oriented tasks of printing a book so long ago. Glad that wasn't my profession! After, we snagged some pizza at a yummy cafe across the street.
We then headed to the Palmyra NY temple
very beautiful!
Joseph Smith log cabin home
Sacred Grove
I loved being able to visit and see these places in person. I grew up envisioning and hearing the stories but to be there was really neat.
Angel Moroni statue on top of the Hill Cumorah. I would like to see the pageant someday.
Martin Harris home. Its privately owned so you can't tour it but they have signs explaining the history. We took a picture and continued on.
2 comments:
The Sacred Grove is very pretty! So much green!
We ate pizza at the same place! I also loved going to the Sacred Grove and feeling so peaceful.
Post a Comment