Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Bryce Canyon National Park

My instructor and I flew out to Bryce Canyon today. I had never been and it was a pretty good trip. It took us about 40 minutes to get to the airport. The scenery was fantastic and it looks like a great place to go visit. I had my instructor snap a few pictures as we were flying over. We didn't stop to get out at the Bryce Canyon airport, just performed a touch and go. There is nothing at the airport right now except about 5 feet of snow. Tons of snow and crazy looking rock formations. It amazes me how things turned out to look like they do. And instead of red rock like at Zion's, at Bryce it is more like pink rock. Okay, not pink, but definitely a burnt sienna. Hopefully these pictures are enjoyable and show some of the beauty.






6 comments:

rmgrimmer said...

Great Pictures, Dale! If you are ever in need of miles, you can fly up to Rexburg. Rachel and I will give you an awesome 20 minute tour of the whole town. Stay for as long as you like. We can take you to Snoasis for the most premium snow cones this world has to offer. Think about it. We'd love to see you!
Rob

mom/Janet said...

One word. WOW

Bridget said...

You boys really do have a hard life up there, don't you... :)

Aunt Beth said...

It's hard to be continually forced to find words to describe how impressed I am with all your comings & goings. The pics almost look make-believe.

Andrew & Christy said...

Dale Dog!! Just came across your blog. Found it on LaDon and Jamie's. I've now added you. You two look so happy. Hope life it great for ya!

Jeanna said...

Burnt sienna? Ok, that makes me laugh.

Nice pics!