For my college graduation, my aunts gave me this really
cool cookbook that is a cupcake decorating guide. It has some of the neatest ideas in it and since we got married, we thought it would be such a cool date night activity. So earlier this week, Leisa came across the book and started looking for something related to Easter and found this really neat one called "Easter Eggs". They looked so cool in the book and so we gave it a try tonight.
 |
This afternoon we made 24 cupcakes and set them aside. This evening we started making the frosting and dividing it up and adding the different necessary food colorings.
|
 |
The eggs are just gram crackers cut into the shape of eggs. So Leisa did that while I frosted all of them the different colors.
|
 |
After we had frosted all of them, we started decorating them, trying to be as creative as we could. It was so much fun to see what ideas we were coming up with.
|
 |
At the very end, we had to frost the cupcakes and put the egg on top and then add green frosting around the edges to make it look like grass.
|
 |
We are really happy with the way they came out and some of ours look good enough to go in the book!
|
 |
This is us with our favorite one that we decorated! We know, it's cheesy! Get over it! |
We had tons of fun making them and now the families we home teach and visit teach are going to have a fun surprise!!
P.S. If you want to see a set of cupcakes that my sister-in-law Bridget made using this cookbook, check out this
blog post. Awesome!
9 comments:
Love it!
You guys are sooo cute! I've missed your posts. Let's catch up soon. I called you yesterday after your missed call... But no pick up. Sad.
I'm impressed. Real cute. I don't think the one was cheesey. It was cute and so are you two. The lady that made that cupcake book was on the Today show on Wed. or Thur and you should have seen some of the cupcakes. Check it out on line. She did the cutest chicks. So fun.
I love the cupcakes and that you have so much fun together! I am smiling as I read your post! It makes me happy to see you both so happy!
Boy, it must be Easter--people "decorating" eggs and me watching "The Ten Commandments."
The results are pretty impressive. I'm trying to imagine how you can 'cut' graham crackers w/out breaking them. Kudos.
Continue to have a great weekend.
you guys are pros! i love it!
Way cute! You guys are quite the artists. :)
you're hysterical. that's awesome! wanna bring me one tomorrow? mmm
The coolest cupcakes ever!! You guys are so festive!
Post a Comment