Lake Havasu City, Arizona
 |
Awesome place!! The place where we parked our plane had a souped up golf cart that came and picked us up. Right next door they had a world famous bbq place that was really cheap. And then if you buy your gas from them, they give you a free slushee (not interested, but still cool). The city was beautiful with the lake near by and the canyons. The temperature was 70 and there was not a cloud in the sky. It is the best place I have been to so far.
|
 |
On the way back to St. George, we got on top of a cloud layer. This is what it looked like. It was really cool. And even cooler is that we had a tailwind. That pushed our ground speed up to 162 knots, which is 186 mph. That is a record for me.
|
 |
This is the obligatory "I am a pilot and I am in charge of this airplane" picture that I had to take. I need to figure out how to take it so that you can see out the window.
|
7 comments:
Dude, compared to the planes that I have seen Dane in (no offense, sweety) your plane looks pretty nice. You high roller, you.
The sun shines here too.....
I'm impressed that you take your camera with you. You might just find some warm place to retire somewhere down the line. :)
To get the view out the window turn on your flash so that it's exposing for outside and then the flash lights you up so that you aren't dark.
1. Bridget: don't forget you've seen me fly a 737! :)
2. Bridget: the Diamond Stars I have flown are way better than that Cessna crap! Come on!* (*said with sarcasm)
3. Dale: Dude, 162? That's smoking! Was it true airspeed though? Or was it ground speed?
Sounds like fun. Funny bc when I get gasoline at a place that offers freebies w/ purchase, I never ever get my freebie. I wonder why? Too snotty to get a freebie from a gas station? Maybe so. Oh well, I'm in good company apparently.
When I was a child we used to go water-skiing at Lake Havasu. My Dad loved that place! We camped along the shore and skied all weekend.
Laurie
PS I would have taken the freebie!
Post a Comment