Friday, October 25, 2013

LAX

We have some good friends who are in our ward that we have discovered have similar interests as we do.... with that said, Dale's and Matt's birthday land within 1 week of each other. So, to celebrate their birthdays we decided to take a mini road trip to visit LAX for the day. : )  Ginny and I tagged along and enjoyed ourselves as well. How can you not get excited when you have two adult guys acting so excited about seeing a big plane! 


This is how they spent a lot of the day.... 


We saw a lot of planes because we were there for quite a few hours.... but I am only going to post a few of the pics/videos.


Yes... you can stand directly underneath the planes as they are descending... it's quite incredible to hear as well as feel. Pretty fun.


Dale had researched and knew what planes were coming in from where and it was so fun to see planes arriving from all over the world. 


We found 3 different viewing areas that were all spectacular in their own ways.



It was beautiful weather, we ate good food and enjoyed great company. At the end of the day we stopped at the LA Temple to walk around the grounds. Beautiful.

Good food, good friends and good times... what more could you ask for?!

4 comments:

mom/Janet said...

It's crazy to me how much they enjoy watching planes.. To me some planes are big and some are small. That's it.

WesLaurie said...

I have been to that exact location watching planes on a date in high school with a "photographer" boyfriend! He didn't care about the planes, only about the pictures!
You guys sure have lots of friends! How nice!

Jessica said...

I've heard this about LAX. Pretty cool! We fly in and back out of there on Thursday this week!

Heidi said...

I love these pictures! Looks like it could be really fun. I also love the blog with Will and his friend in the little planes. He is getting so big.