Wednesday, May 14, 2014

LA/Santa Monica/Hollywood

Two weekends ago my most wonderful friend came to visit!!! She flew into LA where I picked her up and we spent the day down there before coming back to Fresno.  We ate yummy food at Cafe Rio, then we went to the beach at Santa Monica Pier, where I got sunburned and spent hours talking and catching up. It was great!



We went shopping along 3rd Street Promenade and then headed over to hike up to the Hollywood sign.
By the time we finally got up to where we parked due to traffic and taking a wrong turn/long detour, it was getting later; but we headed up the mountain anyway. 


That lone tree is called 'the tree of life'. 
It was quite the hike up... or else I am very out of shape... Possibly both.


Unfortunately it was a longer hike than anticipated and by the time we reached the top the sun was setting. Amazing 360 views and beautiful Sunset. We still had quite a ways to go to hike over to the Hollywood sign so we decided to not go. Luckily we didn't, since we were hiking in the dark by the time we got back to our car. Bummer that we didn't make it to the sign, but still amazing and had a lot of fun!





2 comments:

WesLaurie said...

I have all those same pictures as a teenager! Santa Monica is where I was born and my Dad was raised.

Jessica said...

Two gorgeous girls! Looks like a fun day. :)