Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Phoenix

Well, a big change has occurred in our family. Dale got a new job! He is going to be a first officer pilot for Mesa Airlines!!!! woot woot! We are super excited to start this new journey! We took a road trip to Phoenix to send him off to his training. He'll be in Phoenix and Toronto, Canada for the next few weeks :)

We stopped at the Redlands LDS temple on our way to AZ. We have now officially visited all 7 of the temples in California. Pretty neat!





We then stopped at Joshua Tree Nat. Park. Unfortunately we didn't research before hand and visited the South end of the park where there is hardly anything.... especially a Joshua tree. I guess the trees and anything cool to see is on the north side. So, we figure we'll have to visit again.

A cousin to the Joshua Tree and the only plant to see on the S. side.

Mesa Temple

We also visited the Gilbert temple, no picture :( and Dale visited the new Phoenix temple after we left.

Visiting a splash pad and park while Dale was in class one day.


Exhausted on the plane going home. He fell asleep minutes after we sat down and didn't wake up till we landed. It was a great flight!

This was waiting for Dale to get out of class so he could take us to the airport... and I realized how horrible his shoes were.... guess these are going in the garbage and we need to wear the other pair of flip-flops out :)


First, they are too small.....

how sad.....


second, they are completely worn down and so thin!

So funny.... I guess I'm not the most observant Mother now that he can put his own shoes on!!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

How fun for you guys! I'm excited for your new adventure!

mom/Janet said...

I love these pictures and updates. Bill and I talked the other night that we need to spend more time with you three. We will make more of an effort. Love you all.