A few weeks ago we headed down to San Diego for a wedding of one of Dale's high school friends. We decided to make a fun little vacation of the weekend and had a great time! We stopped at LAX to watch airplanes. This was Will's first time at LAX and he thought it was great. I was practicing with my camera, so some of these shots are too dark and too bright, but oh well.
Our first stop in San Diego was the LDS temple. I had never visited before so it was amazing to see. What a beautiful temple!
The next day we went down to Point Loma Peninsula and saw some incredible views, watched some surfers and visited Cabrillo Nat. Monument.
He was typical and wanted to play in the dirt/sand rather than watch the surfers or the waves.
Point Loma lighthouse in the distance.
Both sides of the road as you drive down the peninsula is covered by a military cemetery, it is a huge cemetery and was amazing to drive through.
We then visited Balboa park in downtown San Diego. What an awesome place! I semi wished we lived there so we could get an annual pass to visit their 16 or so museums/famous zoo.
Will bought a blue angel with some of his birthday money, he was very excited about it.
Riding the train around the park.
I would LOVE to come back someday to listen to the outdoor organ being played. That is so cool.
oh yah.... before we went to the park we picked up Dane who just happened to be over-nighting in San Diego. It was good to see him again.
The next morning we visited the beach... there was black and white sand which made such cool patterns. Will had a blast, I think it was the first time he truly has LOVED the beach and we had so much fun running from waves and getting wet.
This is the only picture we had of the wedding. It was a beautiful ceremony with yummy dinner and a fun reception/dancing to follow. Plus there was child care, so Will had a good time and so did we :) Will asked me to dance and I couldn't say no. What a cutie!






1 comment:
What a fun trip! You got some great pictures and I love the San Diego temple also. It looks like an ice castle! Love the black and white sand! What a cutie asking you to dance!
Post a Comment