Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Visitors from the Northland!!

So as you all know, Leisa's birthday was Monday and her older sister, Heidi, called to wish her happy birthday. Among other things, Heidi was asking about our schedules and what our days off were and stuff. So after they had talked and hung up, Leisa got another phone call from Heidi. She had just called her husband Sam and they had decided they wanted to come down Tuesday and play with us until Wednesday afternoon. We were so excited and so Sam, Heidi, Jade, and little baby Mayci came down. They didn't really want to do much. They both just wanted to get away from the weather and get out of the house (they had a brand new baby about a month ago). So on Tuesday we just sat and talked and had dinner and took Jade swimming in a hot tub and played games. On Wednesday Leisa cooked us all breakfast and then we were off to the coolest park here in town that is more for big kids like Sam then it is for little kids. The weather was absolutely gorgeous. Not a cloud in the sky and near 55 probably. We ate our lunches under the pavilion and walked along a bike path and did some shopping at Target (This is the beginning of my segue. I have never bought clothes at Target. Beyond that, I have never even entertained the thought. Call me prideful, it's probably fair. But today while we were there, I noticed a few shirts that were looking pretty good. Leisa approved and I checked the price tag...$4.99. I could not believe it. So I got two of those and then a really cool looking long sleeved shirt for $7.99. I might just go there more often now. This ends my segue.).
It was fun to have company and we were so glad to have the Saunders family come and visit!
This video is of us playing with Jade. We were pretending to have a magic wand and "freezing" her in the middle of whatever she was doing. Super cute!!
Here are the Heward sisters enjoying the sun.

Cute little Jade enjoying the playground toys!!

Cute little Leisa enjoying the playground toys!!

The gang (minus Sam and Mayci) after an exciting day!

6 comments:

Abbie said...

Dude. Target is ALWAYS where it's at! They have tons of cute clothes.

Jessica said...

The video isn't working, but looks like good times! Wish I could have joined in. ;)

Anonymous said...

Where are pictures of Sam and Dale enjoying the playground toys???

Anonymous said...

1. Dude, totally prideful.
2. Shoot, I was hoping to be the first visitors....pout pout! But, if I'm gonna be trumped by anyone, then its ok that a sister trumps a first cousin once removed and his wife and kids.

Jeanna

Zane and Cami said...

I love that park! It is definitely not meant for young ones....

mom/Janet said...

You two are becoming quite the hosts. Aren't you glad you have a spare room and bed?