 |
| So after Graduation was all over and done with, we decided to take a trip to Zions National Park. It's been a couple of years since my family went together and Dale had never been so it was perfect timing! The park is just over 1 hour away from St. George and it turned out to be an awesome day! This is us riding the shuttle throughout the park. They have you ride this so that there aren't as many cars since SO many people visit the park every year. |
 |
If you look close, that is us standing on the bridge, this bridge leads you into the hike up to the Emerald Pools, it was beautiful and not that hard of a hike. (perfect for the little kids and for us!)
|
 |
The first picture is at the lower pools, as you can see you can walk underneath the waterfall.
|
 |
Then this is us at the upper pools. It was pretty neat, it is a pretty long waterfall, not much water right now, but very pretty. The water was freezing!
|
 |
Angels Landing (2nd trip to Zions) When you buy a ticket into the Park, it gets you in for a week, So I decided to head back to the park the next week to dominate the hike I've wanted to do for the last 2 years. It's called Angels Landing and is quite the famous hike, people from all over the world visit the park every year to do this hike because of how hard, beautiful and dangerous it is!
|
 |
Dale ended up having to work (plus I found out he's not the best with heights and sheer cliffs) So, I brought my best girlfriend Lacey with me. This is Angels Landing behind us and yes we climbed that! It was amazing!
|
Once you get about 1/2 way there, they have installed chain ropes that allow you to hang on while you climb. Very useful.
 |
This is about the 1/2 way mark and you make your way up to Angels Landing by that skinny little walkway behind Lacey. The views are amazing, pictures don't bring justice.
|
 |
This is us taking a break, we were exhausted, but it was totally worth it.
|
 |
We found an old Owl up in a tree. It was so cool, I've never seen an Owl so up close, He turned his head and just stared at us forever. He blinked a few times, it was pretty neat.
|
 |
At the TOP!!!
|
 |
We ate our lunch at the top, there were SOOO many chipmunks scurrying everywhere- they were NOT afraid of humans. I was afraid they were going to run up my leg if I sat still long enough. It was nuts.
|
5 comments:
Oh crap...I already miss you both SO much!! I'm so glad you got to go up and hike Angel's Landing though. Love you!
Looks like alot of fun but you said it was dangerous - - - and Dale was ok with you going? Yikes. Glad all went well.
Dude, just seeing you on the ledge gives me the chills. Yikes! So high up!!
I think climbing Angels Landing might be the harder for me to complete vs. dental hygiene training! Another hats off!
OK, you're seriously tempting me to come visit! Looks gorgeous, and totally different from the nature we have up here! :) (PS: Glad to see you're joining the blogging train!)
Post a Comment