Tuesday, May 4, 2010

A Deseret Book painting at the DI price!!

Leisa's mom called a few weeks ago and said that their ward in Neola was going to be having a Relief Society activity where they were going to be making these antique looking pictures of the temple, similar to the ones they sell at church bookstores. I guess the retail price is around $200 but at the activity, they were only going to be $50. So up we went last weekend to Neola to see family and make a temple picture. It is a lot bigger than I thought it was going to be. It is really pretty too and is going to look really cool no matter where we go. Leisa said it was really easy to do and I know she had fun doing it with her family as well. So in the picture below we have Leisa sitting on the cedar chest she made, in front of the picture she made. What a craftsy woman!!


8 comments:

Dane said...

Dude, Leisa, you never cease to amaze me. Way to go on graduation and being artsy-craftsy.

Zane and Cami said...

Ahh I love it! How did you make it? I want one...

JennyP said...

I was going to say the same thing! I have wanted a picture like that for soooo long but can't bring myself to pay the 200 dollars. I think you should have a lesson day and teach us all! wink wink

mom/Janet said...

That looks really cool. Maybe you show us all when we're together some time, how to do it. Nice addition to your decor.

Jessica said...

Those were really pretty pics of all the temples and of course I love the frame cause it's black! It was good to see you guys. Love ya!

Anonymous said...

I love that you called her craftsy instead of crafty! But, I would have loved crafty, too!

Leisa, you have a lot to celebrate. Congrats on everything!!!!

Jeanna

e.m. said...

alright. that's enough already! what is it with all the SURPRISES coming out of your fingers and toes?! jimminy-day...a cedar chest? come on now! you're amazing.

picked a good'un dale.

Aunt Beth said...

That was a steal. The one of the Palmyra Temple I saw at the bookstore today was $450 ON SALE!! $50 is the bargain of the year.

Way to go Leisa.