We have been busy and having fun trying to figure out what our new home has to offer us. We try to take small outings and explore our new surroundings. We recently discovered that Fresno has 2 small 'suburb' like areas that are right next to each other, each are named after the towns that Dale and I both grew up in......
 |
| Dale (Washington) in front of Sunnyside High School |
 |
| Me (Utah) Roosevelt High School. We couldn't get on the campus of this one, so it's taken from a parking lot; and although I didn't attend Roosevelt HS because our HS was called Union, It's practically the same thing : ) |
 |
We visited the Fresno Temple, for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. It is a short drive from our new home, and is so beautiful! We are excited to find a babysitter so we can go! William had so much fun exploring the grounds until he forgot he was up some stairs (where they take pictures after weddings) and walked right off the edge! It was slow motion for Dale and I as we watched him tumble face first down 3 steps... poor little guy. He is a tough cookie though and didn't cry for longer than 30 seconds, although he had a red bump on his head. |
 |
| William and I have had so much fun exploring the parks around our house. They have some fantastic parks here in Clovis, there are SO many to choose from. Every week the moms in our ward meet at a different park. I don't know how often they have to repeat parks, there are A LOT! |
 |
| And last but not least, here is Will with his very own library card and free book! They have a baby story time that we are going to try to start attending. It should be fun and I will let you know how that goes! |
3 comments:
This post makes it appealing to visit you. See you in January.
Leisa, I'm SO glad you are exploring and connecting with people and places in your new hometown. Those parks/playgrounds are amazing. I always loved that about California.
Umm, what happened to Will? He doesn't even look like the Will I know! Crazy how he's grown up!
Post a Comment