Friday, November 16, 2012

The urge to clean......

It has officially been 1 month since my last day of work at Dr. J's office :(  This last month has gone by SOO fast and we have been soooo busy, so many things in our life has changed dramatically, it is such a good thing. But, with that said.... I have felt a huge loss in my life because of all these changes and frankly, I just plain old miss my job and the wonderful people who I worked with. I find myself searching for things to keep myself preoccupied and busy during the day, and it works well, because there are so many things that have needed to be done since moving. But now that we are settled into life here in California, I am finding that I have a little more 'free time', so in order to not go crazy... I have kept busy by cleaning! Yay! Hilarious, I know, most people hate to clean, but I find it relaxing sometimes and I love love love a clean, uncluttered home. So, first on my list was creating an awesome deep cleaning list that allows me to clean something or multiple somethings everyday and within a month, I have reached and cleaned EVERYTHING in the house, top to bottom. Awesome huh? Then I started making the cleaning supplies.... So far on my list I have made, dishwashing detergent, laundry detergent and fabric softener. Future lists include reusable dryer sheets, windex and anything else that is fabulous that I can make and that in the end will be both huge $$$ savers and practical self-reliant tools. Its been fun and I took a few pictures of my 'soap making afternoon' Ps.... super easy and super cheap to make, plus it makes A TON and works well : )

No, that is not cheese, that is Fels- Naptha soap.





After much research and reading many blogs, I found this blog that I pretty much followed in making everything, she has quite a few different 'recipes', enjoy.... http://www.buildingitonpennies.com

Anyways, that's all for now, hope you are all having a wonderful day!

4 comments:

mom/Janet said...

You amaze me. Way to go.

Anonymous said...

Leisa! Such a great Idea this is Camille. I was wondering where you got your cute containers at?

leisa said...

I found them at Walmart, in the kitchen area.

Jessica said...

I had read this post before and I was very impressed! I also love your containers!