Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Washington


William and I headed up to Washington last month. My sweet Grandma passed away, (post and pictures to follow) so along with the funeral, we were also able to visit my side of the family as well as Dale's. It ended up being a really great week. We flew into Seattle early Sunday morning and Emalei picked us up and was so kind to let us stay with her for a few days.  

It's been awhile since the two boy cousins have spent some time together. Since they are so close in age and into the same things it was a lot of fun to let them play and feed off of each other : ) We spent one afternoon at the boat locks, I don't remember where we were or what they were called but the boys loved watching the big boats go by as they passed thru the locks!





Each night was bath time, Teo is a pro bather, and I hoped his enthusiasm would rub off on Will.... it kind of did.... at least he doesn't scream when I wash his hair anymore, now its more of soft cry/whine. I would call that improvement!

Teo has a lot of very fun 'boy' toys that Will loved. I'm pretty sure he cried each time we left the house because he just wanted to stay inside and play with the trains all day long. 


Awesome hosts... as always : )

Emalei lives super close to the beach, so we headed down one afternoon to let the boys play in the sand and run around. Beautiful scenery!




We walked down to the lighthouse and onto the nice little sandy beach at the point. The boys were excited to see another boat as well.





These next 3 pictures are in quick succession... one after another... they are priceless, and yes... that wave was about to get them ;) lol



After spending time with Emalei, we enjoyed spending time with my family at the funeral, then we headed over to Dale's parents house. This was a nice waterfall viewed from the road on the way there. 

Once at Gma and Gpa's house, Will had a lot of fun. As you can see, he and Gpa had a good time with some squirt guns!


1 comment:

Jessica said...

The boat locks look really interesting! I've never heard of a kid that doesn't like baths! Silly guy! Love Washington!