My friend asked if anyone wanted some caterpillar eggs she had found in September. I definitely knew the kids would love watching them change so I asked if we could have some. She gave us 3 eggs. When she gave us the leaves with eggs on them they were almost too small to even see. Then those dots disappeared so I knew they had hatched but it took about 3 days before I could spot the tiny caterpillars!
Its amazing how fast they grew!
Addison was fascinated by the 'baby' caterpillars.
It took about 1 month for them to grow to full size. We had to make quite a few trips to find milkweed. Especially since they mowed the entire field that we had been using!
They hatched over General Conference weekend and it was SO EXCITING!!
The butterflies were just beautiful and it was fun to watch them dry out and then eventually fly away! We already can't wait until next fall to do it again!









3 comments:
This is something that I have never done! What a great experience for your kids!
Crazy cool! I have never seen that cycle before!
i love the kids holding them!
Post a Comment