Tuesday, April 20, 2021

Stone Mountain/Ruby Falls

Dale and I were able to sneak away for a couple days!!!!  We left Bill and Janet in charge and flew to Atlanta. We then drove North to Lookout Mountain and Ruby Falls which is on the border of Georgia and Tennessee. It was incredible to explore and we kept saying how much the kids would have enjoyed it. We'll have to bring them someday, but it was sure nice to just relax and not be on any kid time tables! There were a lot of little slot canyons, they were called "fat-man squeeze" and you had to go in between 2 huge rocks. They were fun to walk through. 


 

 

Dale stuck to the stone bridge but I took the swinging bridge below! 


Lover's leap 


 







 


Ruby Falls!

A huge 90 foot waterfall that is 300 feet underground. It was incredible because the entire cave is very small until in opens up into this larger cavern. Very neat to see! 

 


Stopped in Atlanta to get some Crumbl cookies-- SOOO good!






 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How fun! I seriously could not have done those slot canyons. I don't like feeling so claustrophobic I guess. Such a cool view! That waterfall is amazing! After doing Mammoth Cave though I remembered why I don't caves. Haha! We LOVE Crumbl! We have one Heber and always stop on our way home from the city. I had to Google what The Varsity was. How AWESOME! We will definitely have to add that to our list!