Sunday, July 4, 2010

4th of July Cupcakes

We have this awesome book called "Hello, Cupcake" that my aunt's gave me when I graduated from college. They must have been able to tell the future and known that my future wife and I would love to make cupcakes together, cause we love this book. The other day we remembered this cool flag cupcake design that they have and so we pulled it out and our ward directory and started inviting people over to help us make/eat all these cupcakes. The design in the book is 8x6 but we only made ours 7x5. I think it was big enough. 
It was fun to have friends over and frost all the cupcakes and then take pictures of them all.  Thanks to the: Schaugaard's Johnson's Woods' Salanoa's We all had a lot of fun! Enjoy the pictures and Happy 4th of July!!

Little Tucker had fun too, especially once he tasted the frosting. After that, he was only happy if he had a cupcake and/or frosting in his mouth!


5 comments:

Aunt Beth said...

Great work you two! I didn't realize until I saw the finished product up close and personal that it had a multi-dimensional aspect to it. Impressive and oh-so-yummy I'm sure.

Glad to hear the gift keeps on giving as I'm sure your friends are too!

Abbie said...

You guys are so cute. Wish I could eat some cupcakes right now!!!

mom/Janet said...

that book has gotten alot of use. Glad you enjoy it.

Jessica said...

That's a very fun cupcake cake! I went to another cake class last night. Check out my blog tomorrow for pics! See you Saturday. :)

Megs said...

I loved that cupcake cake. So did Tucker. Gary wishes he did. We'll have to make another one when Gary can enjoy it!