Thursday, July 22, 2010

Book Review


So I am about to blog about our cruise, but before I do, I thought I would report on "Hellhound on His Trail" which I finished while on vacation. Overall, it was a very intriguing read; hard to put down at times. I know that in my previous post I said that it read a lot like Capote's "In Cold Blood". That was a lie. It is definitely a non-fiction book, although it does go more into what MLK was going through at the time and his emotions as well as those of his assassin, "Eric Galt" or "James Earl Ray" or however you know him by.

I would recommend this book to anyone who said they wanted to read it. The author really did his homework before writing this book and as a result it was very thorough. Having said that, I do have some complaints about the book. The author clearly had a motive in writing this book and that was to make James Earl Ray out to be a lone psycho assassin when it has been proven in court that he at least had co-conspirators. That is the author's prerogative to write his book that way, but I would have liked to have seen more motive on the part of the assassin and more evidence that he made the decision to go about it all alone. I just felt like the book lacked this, which seemed crucial to me. Anyways though, good read and again, I recommend it to anyone who is interested.

No comments: