Monday, July 5, 2010

Dale's Summer Book Club

I was reading Time Magazine the other day and there were a bunch of book reviews by a whole bunch of authors and not a one of them tickled my fancy. Then a few days later on cnn.com they had another book review, but it was a top 10 list. Out of those 10, there were only two that I thought looked remotely interesting. So, I am starting my own book club. I'll suggest a book that I am reading at the time. Maybe, later on, I'll write another post about how the book is going and make a few more observations about it.




My first book of this club is called "Hellhound on His Trail" written about the assassination of MLK, telling two men's stories: MLK and his assassin. If you liked Truman Capote's "In Cold Blood", then you'll like this. It is historical fiction, written much like a mystery novel. I've only started this book, but already have much praise for it!

2 comments:

Aunt Beth said...

Now, here's a club I'd like to join! I've seen this book but hadn't picked it up. Now I guess I will.

I've got 2-3 books going currently - silly me. One on CD in the car and another CD one in the kitchen plus a good novel for bedtime reading.

And just to ensure I don't run out, 325+ on my "to-read" list at the library. I do all my library activity online and they have an option that lets you tag books for later checking out when you're ready. Oh, yeah, and another 35 on my current reserve list. No one needs to tell me I'm a lost cause.

I will be VERY interested in these ongoing postings.

Cherlyn said...

Just found your blog and this interests me too. I belong to 2 bookclubs here and am always looking for good books to recommend. Currently reading 'Undaunted Courage' for August. This one looks like a good read, I'll be interested in your musings on the book.