I know you all are wondering where day 2 went. Well, we are wondering the same thing cause it went really fast. It was a a day at sea and we didn't take any pictures to speak of. They had your typical fun things to do at sea, we just didn't bother to take our camera with us for some reason.
We got to Cayman real early in the morning. I was up running on the track and I could see the lights off in the distance and slowly get closer and bigger. It was really cool to see. We had a tour planned with the entire family, so it was off on the first tender at 7:30 am. We got on the bus and our guide showed us around the entire island with some stops at a turtle farm, a place called "Hell" and a rum shop. It was pretty cool to see the whole island. We still had time to do some shopping and then snorkel before we had to head back for the ship.
It was Leisa's first time to the island and my second trip to the island. The snorkel was our favorite part of this stop. There were some really cool looking fish and even some neat coral formations. Of our 4 ports though, Cayman was our least favorite. Sorry all you Caymanians out there, you just didn't do it for us. The island was just this flat piece of land out in the middle of the ocean. No mountains, or rivers, or anything. Some pretty sweet beaches though.
 |
Me waxing philosophical on the beach. Pondering some of life's most intriguing conundrums. Just joking, I was walking back from going to the bathroom.
|
 |
These turtles were huge at the farm that we went to. They seriously looked like dinosaurs. The biggest one there was "Hank". He weighed 600 lbs. I don't think we saw him though. They said he would stand out and we didn't see one that stood out really.
|
 |
This guy knew how to represent. Look at him slappin' me some skin!
|
 |
Here is Leisa trying to warm up to this little guy.
|
 |
We ran into a pirate at the rum store...big surprise. Should I be jealous?
|
 |
Me getting a picture with Shaq-devil. But seriously, doesn't this look like Shaquille O'Neal with horns and red skin?
|
 |
Our boat is in the foreground and the boat in the background left out of Tampa. They went to Cancun from the Caymans while we went to Honduras. It was a great day.
|
 |
We felt welcome in Grand Cayman.
|
 |
Of course the day would not be complete without some karaoke. I think I sang "Witchy Woman" by The Eagles.
|
5 comments:
Three words as to why the Grand Caymans get so much press: Off-shore banking. Says it all.
Conundrum?? Boy, all that reading must be paying off. Quite impressive.
Great pics. Everything looks so perfect and pristine I think.
I thought a little chart might help with my next observation:
Locations Visited Dale Aunt Beth
Grand Caymans 2 0
Hawaii 3-4 0
Chile 2-3 0
Spain 1 0
Cruises too many to count 0
It would appear the table/chart isn't going to display correctly, but you get the drift.
Nice pictures. We've been Cayman 2 times so your pictures look familiar including Hell. I love 7 mile beach. I have to say......Leisa looks cute in these pictures.
I've been loving reading your accounts of the cruise because some of the things you noticed and pointed out are different from mine!
what! you got to high-five the turtle?!?!?! we can't touch them in hawaii... lame. you make me want to go to the caribbean.
How come I didn't know you are such a microphone hound? Hilarious. We better get ourselves a karaoke machine for the TV. I see a great many fun Sunday nights in Payson on the horizon!
Post a Comment