Monday, March 20, 2017

Po Lin Monastery and Big Buddha

This was such an amazing day! We explored Hong Kong and walked so much, but it was so worth it!

We woke up and rode the metro about 45 min, then jumped on a bus that took us up a huge mountain to Po Lin Monastery and Big Buddha. 
Right in the very center of this picture on top of the mountain you can see Big Buddha. It was a beautiful ride, slightly scary at times since the bus driver drove SO fast on such narrow, windy, roads. If we ever go back we would like to take the panoramic cable cars up the mountain. Unfortunately they were closed for maintenance while we were visiting so maybe next time!



All the peace signs are a little ridiculous, but we had a good time!

A sign telling us about far we were from Big Ben, Statue of Liberty and other various locations. Always fun to see these. 





A lot of stairs to climb


Po Lin Monastery in the background. 


We then walked through the trees for about 20 min to reach this Wisdom walking path. Giant wood structures with Chinese writing on them. It was neat to walk around. I wish we had known what they said. We didn't feel like we gained wisdom, but it was peaceful.




Po Lin Monastery
Such a beautiful place! These buildings inside and out are just incredible. 








3 comments:

Jessica said...

Exactly what I picture in my mind of Hong Kong. So beautiful!

Anonymous said...

the buildings and statues and monuments there are so cool. You took great pictures. I didn't realize the big buddha was so huge!

WesLaurie said...

I think I would like Hong Kong because it is such a colorful place!