We knew immediately that if we came to Hong Kong that we would most definitely visit Hong Kong Disneyland!!! The prices are so much cheaper than in the states and we love Disney so we couldn't pass it up. We rode the metro to the Disney stop which then makes you get aboard the Disney metro line. Oh my goodness!!! It was already so Disney with the mickey windows and really nice inside. Such a fun experience.
It was a Thursday when we went to Disney so we were hoping that lines would be low, and we were in luck. It was practically empty! We just rode ride after ride. The longest wait time was 20 min and that was to ride Dumbo!!!
Waiting for Disneyland to open. They had this really fun fountain and music playing. It certainly gets you in the magical mood!
Our tickets. I took a picture to show Will since he loves Star Wars.
Everything was pretty much the same to a much smaller scale. Not as many rides, not as big of rides but overall it was so awesome!!!
They did have quite a few different rides in Hong Kong. Iron man is very popular.
We love our Mickey ice-cream bars
Dale was SO EXCITED to meet Chewbacca!! He was like a little child! I loved it because it made him happy :) Plus, all the characters loved us because we weren't Chinese.
It was so fun to be nestled in the hills of Hong Kong. So funny to see that as your backdrop behind It's a Small World.
We went to both of the shows/plays they had and they were AMAZING!!! Seriously we contemplated going and watching them again later in the day but we didn't quite have enough time to do that. It is funny because most things are in English and Chinese. So it was odd to be listening to the characters speak English and reading Chinese subtitles and then have it switch back and forth on you.
Dale had Mickey sushi for lunch
This is the entrance for the Lion King play. Holy cow! I would go back to Hong Kong just to see this again!!
A fun Safari ride with jungle animals, fire and water.
The Castle was Tiny!
Hope this was worth our long 20 min wait!
They had a really fun Toy Story land. Will would have loved it! We wished he was there with us.
The big disappointment was having Mystic Manor closed. We have heard its a great ride.
yummy Mickey waffles for dinner!
The parade is exactly the same in the states. But always a great show.
Fireworks show was incredible and we had the BEST day to end our Hong Kong vacation. We loved Asia and can't wait to come back to visit again.




1 comment:
I love this post! I thought it was so cool that you went to Disneyland in Hong Kong when I saw your post on fb anyway! First I love that you rode Disney's metro line and that they even have one! Awesome! Very interesting that it's cheaper too and that the lines were short. I love that everything is the same so it feels like home, but yet has the Hong Kong touch. :) And I love that all the characters loved you because you weren't Asian! Haha! Sad that Mystic Manor was closed. :( All your Disney treats look very fun too!
Post a Comment